All visitors must follow procedures as outlined below. Our community complies with the Florida
legislature, Section 2, 408.823 and allows residents to have visitation even when the community has two
(2) or more positive cases of COVID-19.
- Visitation hours will be from 9am-9pm daily. No visitation in a private setting or outdoors will be restricted to a time limit.
- ALL visitors, including those under the age of five (5), should wear face mask while traveling within
the community no matter the vaccination status.
- At each visit each person must:
- Review and sign the Visitation Policy Form.
- Have their temperature checked at the door prior to entering the community.
- Complete the questionnaire.
- Review infection control education materials provided upon entry.
- Be free from COVID/Flu like symptoms.
- Wash/sanitize their hands.
- Preferably no more than four (4) people at a time for any indoor visitation per resident.
- Consider wearing the mask while visiting a resident’s private room. (We highly recommend.)
- Consider choosing outside visits when possible. (We highly recommend.)
- Consensual physical contact will not be restricted under this policy during visitation.
- Management will train all associates to follow all procedures designed for the visitation policy upon hiring and randomly perform skills audits that policies are properly being followed.
The visitation policies and procedures required by this section must allow in-person visitation in all of the following circumstances, unless the resident, client, or patient objects:
- End-of-life situations.
- A resident, client, or patient who was living with family before being admitted to the provider’s care is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
- The resident, client, or patient is making one or more major medical decisions.
- A resident, client, or patient is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
- A resident, client, or patient needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
- A resident, client, or patient who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
PROCEDURE w/ two (2) or MORE CASES OF POSITIVE COVID-19:
- Visitations are highly recommended to be scheduled with the facility by phone or email prior to arrival to the community to assure proper distancing in the common areas.
- No more than two (2) people at a time for any indoor visitation per resident.
- No visitation will occur in common areas occupied by other residents. Visits must occur in resident’s.
private room or outside.
- After visitation, the visiting areas will be disinfected by staff members.